The Saunders Weir Type A valve has been developed to handle more fluids and gasses than any other valve. A wide choice is available for materials, methods of operation and body end connections to satisfy the needs of most industrial applications. Extended life, reliability, safety and ease of use, combined with an essentially simple design, result in low maintenance for minimum running costs.
- Pocketless design for contamination free performance and smooth flow characteristics
- Valve usable in any position and is self-draining at a horizontal plane 15° angle
- Immediate indication of open\close position.
- Leak tight by design
- Low open and close torques
- Bonnet assembly lubricated for long life
- Three part design: Bonnet, diaphragm and body means the diaphragm is replaced with the body in the pipeline
- Padlocking to prevent expensive interference
- Optional grades of diaphragms
- Optional actuation: handwheel, pneumatic and electric (Visit the Biman product page for information on pneumatic actuators)
- Optional accessories: proximity switches, solenoid valve and junction box
- Optional types of positioners for modulating control
- Body lining variations: Bare or unlined, soft and hard rubber butyl and neoprene, halar coatings, borosilicate glass, rilsan, FBE, polypropylene (pp), polytetrafluoroethhylene PTFE and Perfluoroalkoxy PFA
- A wide variety diaphragms available for different mediums
- Body materials: Cast iron, ductile iron and stainless steel on request (CF8M S/S casting)
|Guide to Body (Linings) Applications||Range Availability|
|BODY/LINING||TYPICAL APPLICATIONS||SIZE||TEMP °C|
|Cast Iron Ductile Iron (SG)||Stregth, low cost non corrosives||DN15 - DN350||-20° to 175°|
|AR Bronze / Gunmetal Stainless Steel||Long life in hostile, corrosive water applications Purity of service, protect protection||DN20 - DN150||-30° to 175°|
- Soft (SRL/AAL)
- Hard (Ebonite) (HRL)
- Butyl (BL)
- Neoprene (NL)
|Economic handling of corrosive & abrasive media
Acid, chlorinated water, moist chlorine
Mineral acids & slurries
Abrasive duties where hydrocarbons are present
|DN15 - DN350||-10° to 85°
-10° to 85°
-10° to 110°
-10° - 105°
|Chemical & abrasion restistance in water treatment and effluent handling||DN20 - DN150||-10° to 85°|
|High temp mineral acids, aromatic, aliphatic and chlorinated solvents||DN20 - DN250||-10° - 175°|
|High abrasion resistance, chemically resistant to strong acids & bases||DN20 - DN150||-10° to 150°|
|High temperature strong acid resisting applications||DN20 - DN350||-20° to 175°|
|Excellent resistance to ineral and oxidising acids inorganic bases, salts||DN20 - DN350||-10° to 150°|
|Borosilicate Glass||Excellent for strong acids, halogens||DN20 - DN350||-10° to 80°|
|Risan™||Potable water applications||DN20 - DN350||-20° to 80°|
|Fusion Bonded Epoxy FBE||Potable water applications||DN22 - DN350||-20° to 80°|
|Guide to Diaphragm Applications:||Range Availability|
|GRADE TYPICAL APPLICATIONS||Size||Temp. °C|
|Acid and alkalis. Up to 85% sulphuric acid to ambient temperatures.
Hydrochloc hydrofluoric phosphoric acid, caustic alkalis and many
esters. Sea water, vey low vapour and gas permeability. Inert gases
and many industrial gases.
|DN8 to DN350
DN25 to DN350
|-40° to 100°|
|Abrasives, water purification brewing, inorganic salts, mineral acids.||DN8 to DN350
DN100 to DN350
|-50° to 100°|
|Highest chemical resistance to all fluids except alkali metals although
permeable to some, especially chlorine. Alternative backing diaphragms
available to deal with this and other applications.
Note: 214 grade has bayonet fitting in all sized except DN8 and DN10.
Requiring a corresponding slotted compressor.
|DN8 to DN250||-20° to 160°
-5° to 175°
|226||Paraffinic and aromatic hydrocarbons, acids, particularly concentradted
sulphuric and chlorine applications. Not recommended for ammonia and
its derivatives or polar solents, e.g. acetone.
|DN8 to DN350||-10° to 100°|
|237||Good acid and ozone resistance certain chlorine services||DN8 to DN350||-10° to 100°|
|For hot water services applications involving steam sterilisations, therefore,
ideally suited for brewing and pharmaceutical applications. For Services
involving continuous high temperature / pressure combinations consult
our technical department.
|DN8 to DN350
DN100 to DN350
|-40° to 130°|